Opus always starting in the same folder + sort order issues

Usually Directory Opus starts in the last folder before it was closed.

Since some time now Opens opens in 1 specific folder. Under Preferences-Launching Opus-Startup, item "Open the lister that were open when the program was last closed" is tagged (no other items are tagged)

Any suggestions as to how to reset this?

Tried: "Open the Default Lister", switched to another folder, then EXIT Opus, launched again - but that did not make a difference.

Meanwhile: with reference to topic New Sort Options
(Topic: New Sort Options) - I having the same issues.
Spent much time (actually, way too much) on trying to get files sorted by date, playing with Preferences / Display / Fields, reverse order, etc. Not just 10-20 minutes or so...
Frankly, I gave up on that, but maybe/maybe it has something to do with the above issue.

Once it lookes like the sorting is okay,i.e. on date modified, reverse, I exit Opus (exit) and after launching old situation is back.

=

More than once,when renaming and renumbering of a series of screencaptures, I forgot to first set the date order reverse, resulting in filenames like 'blabla-06' wheras #06 should actually have been #01.

Thanks

[quote="mrwul"]Usually Directory Opus starts in the last folder before it was closed.

Since some time now Opens opens in 1 specific folder. Under Preferences-Launching Opus-Startup, item "Open the lister that were open when the program was last closed" is tagged (no other items are tagged)

Any suggestions as to how to reset this?[/quote]

How are you opening the window?

By the look of your screenshot, the files are not being sorted by date at all. The reverse-sort setting isn't what's causing your problem. I think once we work out the first part of your post, the second part will also do what you want.

As for the 1st question: using the either de Opus button on the taskbar, or doubleclick on the deskbar.

As for the 2nd question: this is how I get it over the last -say- 1-2 weeks, always in the the same folder (i.e. the folder where I keep the backup of the configuration files) and in this sort order.
I dont think there is any sorting at all, but this is the Opus standard sort order (at least in my case).

=

Turn on these settings, all under Settings -> Preferences / Launching Opus:

[ul][li]Default Lister / Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister[/li]
[li]From the Desktop / Open the Default Lister[/li]
[li]From the Taskbar icon / Open the Default Lister[/li]
[li]Startup / Open the Listers that were open when the program was last closed (or Open the Default Lister, if you only want one window to open)[/li][/ul]

[quote]As for the 2nd question: this is how I get it over the last -say- 1-2 weeks, always in the the same folder (i.e. the folder where I keep the backup of the configuration files) and in this sort order.
I dont think there is any sorting at all, but this is the Opus standard sort order (at least in my case).[/quote]

There is always sorting. The file list must be sorted by something, presumably by name.

Have you saved the Folder Options for that folder, so that it is sorted by date?

How are you opening the window or navigating to the folder?

Have you got the Format Lock turned on?

Thanks!

Settings -> Preferences / Launching Opu->Default Lister / Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister

Did the trick. In my case only "Ignore folder format of Default Lister" was tagged.

All the other items, they were already set the way you advised.

I still have to sort out the sorting though :wink:

Am not sure how Opus is sorting the files. I set it as below.
Sorting column has a slightly different color.

Thanks sofar!

=

In your bottom screenshot, Opus is sorting by name, which is what the little triangle in the name column means.