Pass or copy file\folder name to everything

I'm stumped, been trying to work this syntax out on my own for nearly a week...

i would like to send or copy a selected file or folder name to everything64.exe

I've tried multiple buttons, keys and rewriting code a dozen times from scratch and via dragging everything to a toolbar its nearly working, i keep getting full path names in "quotes" and on one button without quotes the path is C:\Windows\System32\with the corrent file name.ext

I've even used autohotkey to paste my clipboard, which works most of the time, thou there's got be a way dopus could do this leaving out ^c followed by an ahk command.

from within everything I've set up ctrl+D do send the selected entry to dopus

any ideas?
thank you!

For what purpose? Searching dupes or something else?

some else, there parts of everything interface and speed i still prefer over dopus abiltiy to now use everythings index. which i do love and have been using mostly on the local fayt end.

I've set up custom filters and keys in everythings interface for quickly referencing \ searching the 20tb of hard drives in this computer. i love that once i find what I'm looing for i can send that directoy back to dopus in a new tab with one hotkey.

would be the best to send a query from dopus to everything just as quick.

This syntax works for me to look for occurrences of a selected file...

@showif:=Exists("/programfiles/everything 1.5a\Everything64.exe") && selitems == 1
@nodeselect 
@keydown:any
"/programfiles/everything 1.5a\Everything64.exe" -noww -s "{file$}"
@keydown:none
"/programfiles/everything 1.5a\Everything64.exe" -ww -s "{file$}"
1 Like

wow! thank you thank you! its seamless on both files and folders!
and i was sooo far off on the syntax, been reading the manual for nearly a week, no idea where you got -noww -s and -ww -s from lol. i did have {file$} in there at one point.

These are command line options. Click on Help then Command Line Options from an Everything window to see what they do. Having just done so myself I see that -noww should actually be -no-ww so you might want to fix that.

1 Like

and here's another can worms. this first time I've seen this window in everything. and i wouldn't of figured out to mix this with dopus syntax so double thank you

uh oh, i notice this key was changing the search syntax of everything globally to whole words. i removed -noww & -ww, left -s and its still working without changing the find mode.

i also found this at the bottom of command line options

Middle dashes (-) in commands can be omitted.

so you were correct in your 1st script

1 Like

@ aussieboykie
help with button for this code.

this piece of code works great, i use to nearly daily.
i made this a button a on my toolbar. the oddity im encounter is it disappears cause the other buttons to jump when i do not have file\folder selected.

Is there a way to make the button static so its always showing??

ive tired looking at the settings in button and toolbar options and i cant figure out how to make it stay... Is that command coming from the code itself?

thanks
xavier

The modifier @showif:=Exists("/programfiles/everything 1.5a\Everything64.exe") && selitems == 1 is what hides the button if nothing is selected. Remove that line and it will always show.

nevermind, i fixed it by deleted the top line of code "@showif:...."

think replied at the same. i did before i saw your post

You could maintain the functionality by using @enableif instead of @showif.