GP SoftwareTwitter
Opus FAQsManualCommandsObjects

PDF-Toolkit Menu (PDF merge, extract, protect, unprotect, organize)

button
commands

Introduction:
Inspired by AlbatorVs PDF-Toolkit Toolbar: PDF toolbar v2

I created this menu-button, which offers the same PDF rotate/merge/extract/protect/unprotect/organize functionality as the toolbar, but I quickly needed something which works with the latest PDF-Toolkit releases (it seems commandline arguments changed recently) and something that would not require fiddling with well, another toolbar. I overhauled all button texts, prompts and dialogs and tested everything to work as expected.

Download:
Button_PDF-Toolkit.dcf (5.72 KB)

The menu button expects a "/pdftoolkit" DO alias that points to your PDF Toolkit installation folder. Make sure the required executables are contained within a "bin" directory ("/pdftoolkit/bin\pdftk.exe" is the actual path used).

Hint:
I put the PDF Toolkit executables somewhere below "/home" so these are available automatically after a DO configuration restore. I also crushed their size with UPX (upx.sourceforge.net/#downloadupx) to save some space like back in the days o).

PDFToolkit Download:
pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/

Thanks AlbatorV for doing the Toolbar! o)

PDF toolbar v2

Excellent tbone, works great :thumbsup:

Thanks, you're welcome! o)
Looking at the menu again, I wonder why I missed to remove ".. PDF" from two of the menu entries. How inconsistent this is (I fixed it here of course o).
I guess I would not have encountered pdftoolkit and the easy way of using it, if AlbatorV had not done the toolbar before, so credz to him once more! o)

How do to import this Button_PDF-Toolkit.dcf in DDopus 12?

How to add buttons from this forum to your toolbars

Works well, thanks tbone!

My humble suggestion:

@disablenosel:type=*.pdf

Yes, not sure though whether this would render the buttons non functional for the DO v10/v11 people?

Hello, I know this is a bit old but this toolbar is really useful.

I have got it to work but the merge function doesn't seem to work. Rotate does. Are you meant to select two files and then select merge? Do you have to buy the full version of the toolkit for it to work correctly?

Thanks

No need full version. But beware of spaces/accentuate characters in path, protected files...
Edit the button : delete "@runmode hide" and add "Pause" to the last line to display DOS prompt and look what is wrong.