Problem Creating Button

I'm setting up 2 buttons with the following parameters.
Label - E:\Temp Folder
Tip - E:\Temp Folder
HotKey - Ctrl+Alt+E (Does not work) this is not my major problem.
Start in: Go PATH="P:\Old - CD! E Temp Folder" (This is the major problem).
I also tried "P:\Old - CD! E Temp Folder"

I'm trying to create 2 "New Buttons"

1. One Lister should display my D drive and a corresponding folder.
  2. One Lister should display my E drive and a corresponding folder.
    the only difference in the code is D and the E.

Details of the actual Lister.
This would be for the "E" Lister
On the left side of the window (Lister), I'm using the Tree Display. To the right of the tree display, I'm using two vertical Windows. I would like them to do the following when I select the button called "E Temp Folder".

1. The top window should display my E drive, DVD Player.
  2. The bottom window should display the folder:
    P:\Old - CD! E Temp Folder

My problem is that my top window displays my D drive, not my "E" Drive. The bottom window correctly displaying my folder called "P:\Old - CD! E Temp Folder".
Note the discrepancy: D & E

Also, my HotKey doesn't work for the above. It might have something to do with the (Enter - Escape - Tab - Add Alternative - Add to Sequence).
Bob Snow

P.S.
Am I using the right terminology when I designate "Lister"?

The Go PATH command should go in the Function field; the Start in field is for when you use Opus to run another program (not an internal Opus command) and need to specify the current directory for the new process.

1 Like

Im' sorry. Yes it was in the Function Field. But still did not work.

What didn't work exactly?

The lower window changes OK.:
Go PATH="P:\Old - CD! E Temp Folder"
But the upper window does not display the DVD player.

It's like it needs code to have it display the right DVD. It should display either the
D DVD Player
or
E DVD player
Bob

Your function doesn't try to read D: or E:, only the folder on P:.

If you want it to read two folders then you need commands to read two folders. A command that reads a single folder isn't enough.

Click the Advanced button to put the button editor in advanced mode, then add another line to the function to read the second folder:

1 Like

Thanks. It's working out great.
Bob

Should be part of this Topic.
Sorry about that.

I got a little further but still have a couple of problems.

Go PATH="D:\" OPENINLEFT
Go PATH="P:\Old-CD\!D-Temp Folder" OPENINRIGHT
Go "P:\Old-CD\!D-Temp Folder" OPENINLEFT
Copy FILE "D:\*.* TO P:\Old-CD\!D-Temp Folder" OPENINRIGHT
// **Here I would need to copy the unattended error file.**

It did work until line 4, copy. The error message I got was copying to the folder !D-Temp Folder. I'm using a Tree with a dual Lister and the tree was highlighted at the "!D-Temp Folder" folder, which was right. I was not that concerned about the folder location as much as the Lister. My dual Lister did not display the proper folder.

Have a look at Formatting tips specific to the Opus forum as it will help you post commands without losing characters. I fixed your post above so that the \ characters were not being removed in places.

Copy FILE "D:\*.* TO P:\Old-CD\!D-Temp Folder" OPENINRIGHT

The path you're giving to your FILE argument starts with a quote but doesn't end with one.

The path you're going to your TO argument ends with a quote but doesn't start with one.

It should look like this:

Copy FILE "D:\*.*" TO "P:\Old-CD\!D-Temp Folder" OPENINRIGHT

The start of your command is also a bit strange:

Go PATH="D:\" OPENINLEFT
Go PATH="P:\Old-CD\!D-Temp Folder" OPENINRIGHT
Go "P:\Old-CD\!D-Temp Folder" OPENINLEFT

There's no reason to open D:\ on the left in the first line, then open another folder on the left in the third line. One of those lines must be there by mistake.

(Note that the Copy line will work on its own without having to go to either folder, since it's specifying the paths to copy from and to. You only need the lines before it if you also want to look at what's happening in the folders when you click the button.)

I do. But thanks for the heads up on the quotes. as simple as the above might seem to be, it's the most difficult commands I have done it all the years of using Opus.
Bob