Scroll wheel through tabs like firefox

i dunno if this ability exists in opus now or if it's been asked for already (i did do search! ), but if it hasn't, i'd like to cast a vote for the ability to position the cursor over the folder tabs and scroll the whole of the tab bar via the mouse wheel, rather than clicking on the buttons on the right to visit other open tabs.

thanks!

1. Install PowerPro. (Use it wisely, Jedi!)
  2. Install the Mousetrap plugin
  3. Add these lines to your mousetrap.ini file
ini=1,0,0,ANY,MWU,,c=dopus.filedisplay,*Keys {ctrl}{shift}{tab}{shift}{ctrl},0,1,0,0,0,
ini=1,0,0,ANY,MWD,,c=dopus.filedisplay,*Keys {ctrl}{tab}{ctrl},0,1,0,0,0,
  1. Click and hold left mouse button anywhere in a lister and scroll up/down to switch between tabs.

If you feel like experimenting just a bit more, try these lines, which will apply the same features on every program but Firefox.

ini=1,0,0,ANY,MWU,,~=firefox,*Keys {ctrl}{shift}{tab}{shift}{ctrl},0,1,0,0,0,
ini=1,0,0,ANY,MWD,,~=firefox,*Keys {ctrl}{tab}{ctrl},0,1,0,0,0,

You can do similar scripting with AutoHotKey or AutoIt.

this sounds very interesting!
i will make an attempt

Anyone know of a mouse program that would let you script the following sort of actions while in a Dopus window/lister?

Hold LMB+Click RMB = dopusrt /cmd Go FORWARD
Hold RMB+Click LMB = dopusrt /cmd Go BACK

This would make navigating with the mouse alot like Opera web browser...

Awesome!
There was a small mistake in my first code suggestion. Use these lines instead:

ini=1,0,0,c=dopus.filedisplay,LMD,MWU,,,*Keys {ctrl}{shift}{tab}{shift}{ctrl},0,1,0,0,0,
ini=1,0,0,c=dopus.filedisplay,LMD,MWD,,,*Keys {ctrl}{tab}{ctrl},0,1,0,0,0,

@Steje

1. Install PowerPro.
  2. Install the Mousetrap plugin
  3. Add these lines to your mousetrap.ini file
ini=1,0,0,c=dopus.filedisplay,RMU,,,.mouse_do@R(?%do(?$path\to\dopusrt.exe$\, "/cmd Go FORWARD")%),1,0,0,0,0,
ini=2,0,0,c=dopus.filedisplay,LMD,,,.mouse_do(?%do(?$path\to\dopusrt.exe$\, "/cmd Go BACK")%),0,1,0,0,0,
ini=0,0,0,c=dopus.filedisplay,RMU,,,.mouse_do@MU,0,0,0,0,0,
  1. Save this code as "mouse_do.powerpro" in "PowerPro\Scripts"
script flag set 1
do(arg(1))

@R
do(arg(1))
keys {esc}
quit

@MU
if (pproflag(1)) do
  flag clear 1
  keys {esc}
endif

Hmmm... thanks alot king! I'm trying to find the mousetrap plugin now to try this out... the linke you posted for it seems to be dead.

Trying a plugin package located at http://www.pcrei.com/ppro/files/index.html#Powerpro_Plugins now to see if it's in there - but real slow download so far.

You're right, it seems you need to be logged-in at the PowerPro Yahoo group to access the files.

I found Opus doesn't have "Scroll tabs with mouse wheel" option in "Folder Tabs > Options"

Almost every program with tabs have this feature. It is very useful for some users.

Examples: Firefox, Vivaldi, QTTabBar, Foobar2000, QuiteRSS, etc.

1 Like