Set DUAL=Toggle,Remember

Set DUAL=Toggle,Remember
It can't remember file display's position(Left/Right)

I thought the same thing so I wrote the scripts below awhile back. It'll remember the left/right (as you pointed out) plus the divider position.

When the script recalls the divider position it'll open with the seperator in the center then it will adjust the position. In other words you will see a flicker. That's because there is no way to open dual display with predefined size. Two seperate commands need to run, thus the flicker. Same goes with the SWAP command you may also see a flicker when the SWAP occurs (noticing the flicker depends on how many tabs are being opened). But, at least it's done automagically. =]

EDIT: made a change so that the Lister variable dualSize only saves when divider is not centered.

There's two variations of the script.
Toggle Destination: Dual Toggle - Dest.dcf (1.9 KB)

Alternate: When clicked twice (somewhat slowly) will alternate between src/dst for max view. Dual Toggle - Alternate.dcf (1.9 KB)

Yes, you got it.

I still hope this could be a internal function, and more, the flash on file display‘s border need to be solved, it looks so tough now

This problem was also addressed in 2010 with no solution at the time.
@Leo suggested to send a feature request asking that DUAL=remember be extended to remember which side things were on. @Abr did sent a request.
I don't know if the option has already been extended in the meantime. If so, I also would like to know how to use it. (I see no options in Help) If not, I also would like to see it added.

Is this what you're after?

ifset:DUAL=On
Go TABGROUPSAVE="!both,Temp"
Prefs STYLE=Single
@ifset:Else
Prefs STYLE=Dual
Go TABGROUPLOAD="Temp"

It's not the function I want, Thank you for your attention.

5 years past, it haven't been solved.