Setting DOPUS as default file manager for all apps

I use a wide variety of apps for my job as a motion designer. Adobe creative Suite, Maxon Cinema 4D, Ableton Live, etc. many of these apps open windows file Explorer by default. Is there a way to make it so that directory opus is always the default file Explorer and completely replaces Windows file Explorer anywhere it might pop up on my computer? I think it even comes up when I'm downloading something with Google Chrome. I have a very intricate file system, so it's very disorienting when I have to go back to Windows file Explorer.

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Do you mean the File Open dialogs?

I know this isn't what you truly want (which many of us also want), but you can kind of get there by "sharing" things between Directory Opus and the File Open/Save dialogs using a program called Quick Access Popup (QAP). QAP integrates with DOpus and can provide shortcuts to folders you have open in DOpus.

It wouldn't hurt to take a look:

Quick Access Popup (aka Folders Popup) working with Directory Opus - Tools - Directory Opus Resource Centre (dopus.com)

The author of QAP, Jean Lalonde (@jnllnd), is responsive on this forum. If you have questions and tag him (as I just did), I'm 100% positive he will respond. But, please do so in some other category, like Tools, so I don't get in trouble. :smiley:

There are also some scripts, like the one linked below, that might provide useful features similar to what QAP and other tools offer, if you don't want to install a "bigger" solution.

[AHK] Switch to active DOpus list path in Save As/Open Dialogue with MiddleClick - Buttons/Scripts - Directory Opus Resource Centre

1 Like

QAP is discussed in the guide I linked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oops. Yes, it is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I've added the AHK script you linked to the FAQ, which I hadn't thought to add before. Thanks for the reminder about that!

1 Like

Thanks for the references,
Jean

1 Like