GP Software • Twitter
Opus FAQs • Manual • Commands • Objects

SGI image viewer plugin

no-unicode-support
viewer
thumbnails

This plugin lets you read .rgb, .rgba, .int, .inta, and .sgi pictures in dopus!

Please let me know if you find it useful! :slight_smile:

About the format:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_Graphics_Image

Release 1.0.1 is now available

• Alpha is rendered correctly
  • Faster loading times.
  • Statically linked (means that it will probably work for all of you that were unable to use the previous version)

Download rgb-x64.zip for 64-bit Directory Opus and rgb.zip for 32-bit Directory Opus.
rgb-x64.zip (102 KB)
rgb.zip (86 KB)

Awesome! This is much appreciated.

While you are at it, you haven't considered to make viewers for other useful graphic working formats like .exr and .hdr? :slight_smile:

Glad you liked it!

It is not impossible that I will make a hdr plugin later this year. Time will tell.

Is that because it's difficult to get the alpha channel from the image format, or because you don't know how to send it to Opus?

There's a flag DVPFIF_HasAlphaChannel which plugins can set when returning bitmaps to tell Opus that the pixels are 32-bit RGBA values. (i.e. the Reserved byte in the RGBQUAD struct is the alpha value for each pixel.)

I have the alpha channel from the image format, but I haven't cared about finding out how to send it to dopus.

Your hints are appreciated, thanks! I will have a look at it when I get some hours of spare time.

I made a new version where alpha is working. See the top most post for download link. (Thanks Nudel for the alpha hints)

Wow coolness!

SGI and PNG are my favourite images when rendering. Cool to be able to view SGI in Dopus directly! Thanks a bunch!

x64 version is now available. See top most post for download link.

This plugin may break in a future version of Opus if we remove the non-Unicode API.

If you find the plugin isn't working, try this alternative one which can handle the same formats and uses the Unicode API:

If you have problems, let us know.