Show Hidden Files

The stutus bar on DOpus is showing 75 hidden files in one of my directories and I want to be able to see them. I have tried to use the toolbar "Go FOLDERCONTENT/O=showhidden." The first thing I noticed is that when I made the toobar icon, when I clicked on the arguement "FOLDERCONTENT/O showhidden", the "/O" did not show up and the icon on the toolbar didn't show up until I added "/0." It looks like and "O", but the icon disappears from the Toolbar when I use "O" and used "0" and at least the icon stays on the toolbar, but it doesn't work. When I go to the directory and click on the toolbar icon, I get an error dialog box reading "An Error occured reading folder: The system cannot find the path specified. (3)." Specifically, does anyone know how to make hidden files show up in any directory I click on? What is the actual command line that I have to use? I went to "Control Panel/Folder Options" and made sure "Show Hidden Files" was checked. I do this to any computer that I am working on. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

Try pasting this button into a tool bar (in customize mode).

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" separate="yes" textcol="none"> <label>remove all filters</label> <tip>remove all filters</tip> <icon1>#opus_9_unofficial:filterreadonlybit</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Set SHOWFILTERFILENAME=&quot;&quot; </instruction> <instruction>Set HIDEFILTERFILENAME=&quot;&quot; </instruction> <instruction>Set SHOWFILTERFOLDERS=&quot;&quot; </instruction> <instruction>Set HIDEFILTERFOLDERS=&quot;&quot; </instruction> <instruction>Set HIDEFILTERATTR=&quot;&quot; </instruction> <instruction>Set SHOWFILTERATTR=&quot;&quot; </instruction> <instruction>Set VIEWFILTER=&quot;&quot; </instruction> <instruction>Select NOPATTERN SHOWHIDDEN</instruction> </function> </button>

If Abr's post doesn't solve it for you by itself, see the Clear all Filters section, and the ones below it, in the Add and configure filter boxes FAQ.

BTW, the /O on the end of the argument name isn't part of the actual name; it just indicates the type of argument.

Also, the Go FOLDERCONTENT command isn't what you want here; it's for something quite different.

The "O" is only a hint, of which parameter type the command is (I can´t find it in the help myself, lol). Anyway, you don´t
actually use that in your command.

Go foldercontent=showhidden

works here.

Thank you for the replies. The command "Set HIDESYSTEMFILES=Toggle" works just fine for what I need. Thanks.

Ken