Status bar background color - problem changing

I am working on creating a theme, which will include (hopefully) modifying the colors used by the statusbar.
Here is what I have in
In Settings -> Preferences -> Display -> Colors and Fonts -> Other Colors -> Status bar
(the background color is the one I want to use for the entire statusbar and all it's elements)
Here is what I have in
In Settings -> Preferences -> Display -> Status Bar
Here is a screenshot of the current statusbar:

I realize I can uncheck "Glass background" and get the correct color, but not without the result including a visible border around every element in the bar and the bar itself (the color of the border being, well not what I would select if I were forced to have a border).

Trying to use "System colors" had no effect on the background color (with Glass selected) however it did turn the font color black, which is not desirable.

I have tried to tweak the various settings in
In Settings -> Preferences -> Display -> Colors and Fonts -> Other Colors -> Pane borders
but with no success. If I were to guess, given the presence of lister column headers and scroll bars, I would guess that this would be the place for an option for the status bar border. (This is usually where I sign up for the beta test program and see what the very latest build has to offer in this regard! )

As always - any advice/insight is greatly appreciated!
Regards,
-David

That was addressed in the 12.9.1 beta.

If a dark background color is used, the status bar will draw its separators etc. using the Pane Borders colors used for other lister elements, instead of using the system visual styles to draw them.

(This is with the glass option turned off.)

Thanks for the reply Leo! And YAY for 12.9.1 beta! It does indeed resolve the issue! I still have separators because of my color settings for Pane Borders, however, what I have now is perfectly acceptable and looks nice in my Solarized Dark theme (IM[!]HO).

Here's what I have so far....