Tab color based on (part of) path

I read these 2 topics which where very close to what I am requesting but there where no solutions provided at that time:

Might there be a way to do it in the 12.6 version of Dopus?
I currently have set:
Preferences -> Folder Tabs -> Options -> Display drive letter in tab label

But a color would make the tab widths a bit smaller because the drive letter would be replaced by the color in the tab.

If a script would be possible, it would really help if it was based on an ARRAY of regexes, the script would check each regex in an ARRAY and if the regex would match a certain within the current view then it would do something like "Go TABCOLOR #ff8000"
This way it would be very easy to manage, in stead of using multiple scripts or one complex (long) regex.

May such a script would become too complex, not possible or to much of a strain on the system resources? I thought I'd still ask, maybe it's still possible?

You could do it using folder formats, since they can match folders + subfolders (or wildcards) and they can change the tab color. The only problem is that might get in the way of other things you are using folder formats for.

A script could definitely do it, and checking the path against some regexes after changing folders should not slow things down in any noticeable way.

Will look into folder formats! Thank you!

Edit: Folder Format's are indeed powerful! I was able to set it up in a few minutes! Thanks again!

Does this mean, that Folder formats are not combine-able?

I have this exact problem. I now use folder formats to display some folders with custom columns from scripts. These formats are not set automatically by path, but I set them manually, when I need them.

At the same time - I have an unRAID server, which has 2 types of shares:

• user shares
  • disk shares

and one very specific rule - do NOT copy/move files between user and disk shares! That may lead to data corruption.

Basically - having the tabs colored differently, if they are from a user or disk share, would be perfect way to warn myself to not do any accidental file copy/moves.

Or even better yet - if it was possible (probably with a script) to check the lister and in case the current source and destination tabs are actually both from different types of shares (user and disk or disk and user) - color the background of both listers in light red, or something. That would be awesome.

A couple of questions then:

• I assume this would be best done with a script? I mean, as to not interfere with anything else changing the appearance of listers and tabs, like Folders formats, etc...
  • As I understand it would need to handle 2 events:
    • on new tab open
    • on tab navigating to some other path
  • Where do I look for a start or example on how to handle this using a script? JScript preferable.