Tab labelizer plugin to assign more detailed names to tabs

Hello,

I have created a new Tab labelizer plugin.
I was inspired by the Tab labelizer plugin from @tbone. It is very useful, but it hasn't been updated for a long time. Therefore I decided to create a new version. My version is much simpler. It only changes tab names without any extra options. This allows to have a very simple implementation which can be very easily customized and maintained.

3 Likes

Could you please provide more detail on how to use this plugin? I can load it correctly into the scripts area but seem to have a brain fade on how to work out how it works. Might be because it is 41C today.

I can load it correctly into the scripts area

That is it, drag and drop it to the Scripts menu like it is shown in the "How to use" section and press "Ok". After that every time you will open a tab or change a folder in an existing tab, it will get a label like it is shown on the screenshot in the "Description" section.

Ok. Thanks. Thought I was missing something.

I have updated the plugin to v2.0.
Changes:

• Use folder aliases if they are defined for a specific path (thanks to @gqqnbig for proposing to implement this feature)
  • Truncate tab labels if they are longer than 40 characters.

More information and the screenshot are in the GitHub repo DirectoryOpus-TabLabelizer-plugin.

1 Like

I have updated the plugin to v3.0.
Changes:

• Ignore "homeroot", "default" and "last" folder aliases. The list of ignored aliases can be changed by modifying the folderAliasesToIgnore variable at the beginning of the script.
1 Like