The Automator: Directory Opus Toolbar Editing

A second video with myself and Joe Glines of The Automator.

This is a mix of demonstration and discussion. The focus is on toolbar editing, but we cover a few different things as we go.

We've published this one on both our channels.

The one on the Opus channel has a quick intro added to introduce our audience to Joe, but otherwise the two videos are the same:

We hope this new format will mean we can put out videos more often (without me spending a week editing everything to perfection, which means I rarely find time to make videos at all), and I think it's great to have Joe in the videos asking questions which many in the audience also want to know but that I didn't think of.

This one ended up a bit longer than intended. I'm still getting used to the format, and also need to improve my mic position / setup. But I think it turned out well and is well worth your time.

Thank you again to Jean Lalonde (@jnllnd), author of Quick Access Popup, for suggesting this collaboration in the first place and setting up our previous video ( The Automator: Directory Opus and Quick Access Popup video discussion ).

Related links:

11 Likes

I picked up a few things I did not know (Alt-Click to drag toolbars without opening preferences dialog).

It was really nice to see that Joe Glines and Opus world crossover . Joe is an excellent fellow and I have taken two of his courses on Autohotkey, so its really nice to see this.

But the most excellent tool Opus offers to AHK was not even mentioned... DopusRT. it offers a way for AHK to interface with Dopus in a way that make the two seem like one tool.

But never the less I look forward to more videos of Leo in the flesh and him passingly mentioning things the developers are considering.

2 Likes

I realize this is a little old, but just had an opportunity to watch, and I really appreciate it. I didn't know about the ability to basically write a button housing a program using a GUI helper. Thanks!

1 Like

Leo on Youtube.. this makes my day! You look much fresher than I estimated you (and the others) to be!
Haha, after all these years.. now I can imagine you and your face much better when replying to my annoying posts. o)

Makes my day, see you soon! o)

EDIT: And wtf, only 1.6k subscribers?
What is going on? This is a significant warning sign, that something is not right with people these days! o)

1 Like

:smiley: We might have more if we posted more than one video a year. Hoping to have time to do more videos in the future.

2 Likes