Thumbnail size not saved in folder view

I have some folders that need a specific thumbnail size. When I adjust it, save the lister layout and later come back to the folder, the thumbnail size is a different one. What am I doing wrong?

Layouts don’t affect folders (except when you open the layout itself).

Only folder formats affect folders in terms of changing settings when you change folders.

See here as well:

I think making folder formats include thumbnail size is in our to-do list, but at the moment it requires a script to do something similar.

I found this thread:

From this I took the command:

Set SAVEFORMAT=folder

and assigned it to a button.

This should basically allow me to manually save the thumbnail size and the display mode for the folder, right?

How can I change or expand this command so that it is autosave? I mean that every time I change the display mode / thumbnail size this is remembered automatically for this folder?

That saves the view mode, not the thumbnail size.

There's no auto-save at the moment. You could probably do something using scripts, or by adding commands to the buttons/menu items which change view modes, but I think it would create a huge mess in the path formats list. Something like that is on our ideas list (in a way that doesn't create a mess, and as an option, since it can also be preferable to not have temporary changes remembered and require manually undoing).

1. Ok, so how can I save the thumbnail size per folder to start with a simple approach? I just need a button that saves the actual thumbnail size for that specific folder. I hope this is possible.

2. PLEASE implement an optional "remember folder view settings (all)". If it is on your ideas list, does it mean it will take years till implementation? Or do you have a kind of open roadmap and it is already "close to the actual implementation" ?

1. There isn't a simple way at the moment. You have to use scripting. But our to-do list includes making this easier.

2. It's on the list already.