Toolbar Custom Function & Folder Icon Label Formatting

I’ve been compiling a list of things I’ve been trying to do with Directory Opus and thankfully I’ve been able to check a few off myself, however I have a handful of questions about the toolbars…
So I’m trying to create several specialty toolbars they are…

1. I would like to have a toolbar that would only contain folder shortcuts where I could add or remove the shortcuts on the fly without having to right click / customize. Perhaps if it involved holding a modifier key.

I did do some digging on this question and am wondering if this is my answer.

Quickest way to handle that is via the Favorites menu (which you can put directly on a toolbar if you wish).

But if you don't want to use Favorites, it's still a bit easier than what you're doing now: Just go into Customize mode, then drag the folder you want straight on to the toolbar, then click OK in the Customize dialog to return to normal. A button will be created which will go to the folder when clicked.

Those are in the Properties menu on the default toolbars, out of the box.

But I also prefer them on a context menu. (For anyone who wants to know how, see Set File & Folder Colors/Labels via Context Menu.)[/quote]

+1

It should be as easy to create a shortcut, as it is to edit a button.[/quote]
Found it in the thread DOpus vs Total Commander vs PowerDesk[url]https://resource.dopus.com/t/dopus-vs-total-commander-vs-powerdesk/16554/1]

1. A toolbar that automatically populates with shortcuts to the folders in the active lister or preferably have a button on it that would populate shortcuts to all the folders in the active lister allowing navigation away from the folder only changing the shortcuts on the bar when the button is pressed.

Then I have questions about the appearance of the toolbars…

1. Is it possible to stack the text for the labels of the shortcuts in vertical orientation preventing the toolbar from becoming very wide?

Each word on its own line.

2. The Default Images bar; can it be disable from popping up or set to popup at the bottom instead of the top.

Thank you kindly,
Anthony

1. You can choose the label position when editing the button.

2. Preferences / File Display Modes / Toolbars

Adding some sidenotes here to Leos response:

1. Vertical orientation is not possible

2. You can set a different position, but not all possible positions are available. There are places you can drag a toolbar to, which cannot be preselected.

1. Vertical (in the sense of what is shown in the screenshot) is one of the options. Maybe we are talking about two different things here. You can't have the text rotated 90 degrees and drawn so you have to tilt your head to read it, but you can have the icon above the text instead of beside it.

2. Off or below was what was requested, which should both be available. You can alsonuse Toolbar Sets for more esoteric options, but that shouldn't be required here.

I'm talking about the folder labels being arranged like this,

Folders in thumbnail view automatically wrap the text when its to long for the thumbnails footprint, trying to get the same effect in the toolbar.

There isn't a way to make toolbar buttons wrap their labels.

Ok that would explain why I couldn't find it in the forum or the help files. lol

[quote="leo"]1) Vertical (in the sense of what is shown in the screenshot) is one of the options. Maybe we are talking about two different things here. You can't have the text rotated 90 degrees and drawn so you have to tilt your head to read it, but you can have the icon above the text instead of beside it.

1. Off or below was what was requested, which should both be available. You can alsonuse Toolbar Sets for more esoteric options, but that shouldn't be required here.[/quote]

I see where the confusion came from Off or below was talking specifically about the new Images toolbar that now is a default toolbar in Directory Opus 11.

If you don't want it, it can be turned off under Preferences / File Display Modes / Toolbars.

If you don't want it, it can be turned off under Preferences / File Display Modes / Toolbars.[/quote]

Hmmm...

The reason I asked was because mine would automatically pop up every time i navigated to a folder heavy in images. Even if I unchecked the toolbar it would pop back up again. I just realized for whatever reason it stopped doing it maybe because I customized it.

If you look at Preferences / File Display Modes / Toolbars it should become obvious why it is/was doing that.

That is the whole purpose of that Preferences page, to make toolbars appear (or not appear) when you use certain display modes.

Wow no kidding. Thanks Leo not I spend so much time just digging in opus and still missed something that obvious...
I feel like the blind squirrel that someone finally took pity on and handed him a nut.
Thank you so much.

Anthony

[quote="Locki"]Wow no kidding. Thanks Leo not I spend so much time just digging in opus and still missed something that obvious...
I feel like the blind squirrel that someone finally took pity on and handed him a nut.
Thank you so much.

Anthony[/quote]

So ya, I came back and read this post and I have no clue where "not" came from but its not suppose to be there, it makes me sound like a jerk. Yay dyslexia crap just shows up where ever it wants.

Don't worry, I assumed it was a typo. :slight_smile: