Two separate location bars for left and right panes - how?

Hello everybody. :slight_smile:

I love DOpus's Dual Vertical view with two file lister panes and two folder trees. What it lacks is two location bars.

How do i set up two location bars?

They should be on one line, like in TotalCommander:

They should belong to corresponding panes: the left location bar should display and control the path of the left pane, and the right location bar -- of the right pane.

How do i do that?

Thanks to everyone who replies. I hope this will be useful not only for me.

I don't think you can at the moment. (Edit: I was wrong; see Jon's post below.)

The file display border in Opus shows the path for each side and lets you click on parent levels to go up, but you can't type into it. However, if you activate one of the sides (1 click) and then type Ctrl-Return you can edit its current path in a pop-up field. Or, if you want to change paths completely, you can simply start typing a path and a pop-up path field will appear. (Assuming the Find-As-You-Type field is enabled.)

So in theory the path field isn't really needed at all any more... In practice I can understand being used to it as I myself tried to get rid of it and found I missed being able to just click on it. :slight_smile:

If you want the ability to have dual path fields, send GPSoftware a feature request.

Thank you leo.

A path field can be set to control either the left, the right or the destination file display (rather than the source, which is the default) by adding the appropriate keyword in the Args field.

Oh, great! Thanks jon!
I also wanted to suggest a button like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="icon" textcol="none" type="menu"> <label>Left</label> <icon1>#newbuttonmenu</icon1> <button backcol="none" display="label" textcol="none"> <label>Left</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Go {leftpath} FOLDERCONTENT=button,showempty,nofiles</instruction> </function> </button> </button> But unfortunately, it doesn't work. The menu remains empty. Whereas this works fine with a

Go C:\files FOLDERCONTENT=button,showempty,nofiles

would work as intended.

Why {leftpath} doesn't work there?

Go FOLDERCONTENT doesn't work with dynamic paths, only fixed ones. It's something to do with when/how the button is evaluated, I think.