VS Dark Theme

If you reset the Preferences pages (which only takes a few seconds), you could then save your own Plain Theme via the Themes dialog for easier reverting of themes in the future.

One reason we no longer have an actual official Plain theme is that the defaults are different for different versions of Windows (as well as different Opus versions, and different Windows themes). We could have a special "reset" flag as part of the themes system, but that does not exist now and would not work in any current Opus version, and it would really just do the same as resetting the four Preferences pages. (Or three Preferences pages, since few people use Sounds these days.)

2 Likes

This could work for me. Thanks @Leo
And your explanation made a lot of sense now.

Thank you for a quality skin! All well and good, but there is a caveat which I uncomfortable. The screenshot in the header of the theme can be seen that the allocation of the Temp folder, the background turns blue. As a result, the folder color and the color of the text in the folder name - both blue, though different shades. Besides, on a dark gray background, selected folder is not enough stands out relative to other folders. I work in 4K (at this high resolution folders are small in size) and do a lot of operations with folders (allocate a group of folders, copy them, etc.) and when you have hundreds of folders to look for the right file names and size and to allocate them for later copy or move, you begin to strain eyes trying to see my desired folder.

Prompt please who knows where in the settings you can change:

1. the color of the text in the folder name
  2. the background color of the folder when released

And the same for files:

1. the color of the text in the file name
  2. the background color of the file in the allocation

Most colors are under Preferences / Display / Colors and Fonts.

For dark themes, you may also wish to turn off Preferences / Display / Options / Use visual style to draw items (overrides selection colors) so that the Windows visual style is not used to draw selection boxes, and you get full control over the background color of selected files.

2 Likes

I asked this question here because changing the color settings I did not get the result. But after disable option "Use visual style to draw items (overrides selection colors)" everything turned out (although this has changed and the location of these folders)! Thank you!

plz can anyone tell me how to change file display toolbar color like the screen shot below? & how to change the color auto for selected for dual view lister

1 Like

For #1
Settings > Preferences > Display > Colors & Fonts > Other Colors > File dislay border - Destination
and
Settings > Preferences > Display > Colors & Fonts > Other Colors > File dislay border - Source

For #2, don't get what you mean. I don't think that you can have different themes for different listers.

Steve

1 Like

This screen is very dark and not very legible. Where can I change this?

It uses the same colors that the file display uses, so you can preview what the labels look like.

Colors are set under:

• Preferences / Display / Colors and Fonts
  • Preferences / Favorites and Recent / Labels
1 Like

I think the main issue is the group header text colour "Label Filters", not the label colour, which can be changed using the dropdown on the right hand side. Obviously if you configure a dark label on a dark background, you won't be able to see it.

Thanks!

We use a system ListView control there and unfortunately it doesn't offer a way to change the group header color.

Hi!
Help me please) How to make such a fill?

b51ccb6eddf3c5037cc455fbbd402c0295e213ba

These two options, if you want the graphs and normal columns combined:

There are separate relative size/date columns if you want the graphs to be separate.

Thanks, Leo)

Revisiting this - now that Windows 10 support dark mode, will Exporer-like shell, such as Quick Access able to show Dark mode in Dopus? Currently, I have Win 10 dark mode switched on. In Explorer, the background of Quick Access is black. In Dopus, Quick Access is still showing white unless I use Preferences / Display / Options / Enable background images in virtual folders. This works actually, except some of the fonts cannot be read... unless there are setting to change the fonts in these 'shells'.

As far as we are aware, the Windows shell does not provide any documented way to tell it, when hosted in other applications, to use its dark theme. So nothing has changed there; those folders will still use a dark font color, and using a dark background in them (the only thing we know how to change) will make things hard to read.

The dark theme support throughout Windows is very half-baked, to be honest. There's also still no (documented) way for individual apps to opt into dark titlebars, although you can use a registry setting to make all applications use them.

(We find it ridiculous that Windows has regressed so far from the days when you could choose arbitrary colors for things, and that Microsoft think adding a binary choice between Light and Dark is progress, and that they don't even think to document how to trigger the same for 3rd party apps/developers.)

To reiterate what was in the earlier post, this only affects folders hosted by the Windows shell, like Quick Access and Network. Most folders are handled natively by Opus, and we give you full control over the colors used in those.

3 Likes

[quote="Leo, post:22, topic:24533, full:true"]
If you reset the Preferences pages (which only takes a few seconds), you could then save your own Plain Theme via the Themes dialog for easier reverting of themes in the future. ...it would really just do the same as resetting the four Preferences pages.[/quote]

When I go into the Preferences menu, it's not at all clear what four Preference pages you're referring to. Can someone give me a hint? (Screenshot included in case I'm in the wrong menu.)

It the very least, it would have been nice to include a warning to manually save your default theme before a custom theme is applied for the first time, rather than leaving users to dig through forum comments to discover there's no default theme unless you manually save it yourself.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just found the more detailed explanation posted in plain default theme. Thanks for the quick response though. It didn't occur to me to click on a separate Files menu after navigating to the Preferences menu.

Still, a little tip (perhaps inside the Lister Themes dialog) to save your default theme before trying new themes would be a nice gesture for novice users like me.

1 Like