Zion's screenshots (merged)

I have been devoloping this theme over the years. Most of the buttons are 3-button types and I have plenty of hotkeys. I use opus AS my shell, No desktop, no start button with cascading menus, no wallpaper, no taskbar, no tray, just me and Opus.

I run EVERYTHING between it and PowerPro 4.5 (another super-awesome app). Opus has truly redefined the way I use computers.

"Naked Files" means that Opus allows you to see through the thick clothing of the Operating System and it's weaknesses and reveals everything you want to see instantly about files and manipulate them with precision.

I work @ 1280 x 1024 Res, always maximized. My color scheme is high contrast with medium fonts to make it easier on my eyes (I don't wear glasses and I sit at the computer for long periods of time).

The blue menu at the top is PowerPro (also three function buttons)

My 3 favorite features are:

1. Hotkeys and buttons can be programmed to do absolutely anything.
  2. Folder Formats options are the bomb, (I have several types mapped to keys and buttons)
  3. The rename utility is very rich in options and automation ability.

Thanks for reading.
Zion

1 Like

Nice screen - if you hadn't said it was Opus I doubt I would have recognised it :slight_smile:

I have a couple of questions. how were you able to change icons, for instance, of folders? and how were you able to alternate line background shades? dh

Changing folder icons:

resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... lder+icons
resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... lder+icons

Alternating line background:

(Edit:) This can be done built-in now. Turn on Grid Lines and select the solid style for alternating lines.

I created a backdrop manually in photoshop for the alternate line background shades.

I changed my folder color by modifying the shell32.dll file with reshacker. I use yellowish backgrounds, so yellow folders are not contrasty enough for me, purple is the bomb.

I'm VERY serious about icons, (I have several custom reg. files to change them) especially for file types. They help me to quickly navigate through my large directries with just a glance.

And i sort by type almost all of he time when I'm in details mode.

Interfaces are very important, it is the layer that we use to "talk" to our computers. The more refined your interface, the smoother the conversation between you and your files.

interface
Function:noun

1 : the place at which two independent and often unrelated systems meet and act upon or communicate with each other.
2 : the means by which interaction or communication is achieved at an interface.

Top strip is a hovering bar (top level opus) I actually have three (switched via toggle) which are mostly cascading menu's which parse directories packed with pdF's, mht's, and chm's

I have been devoloping this theme over the years. Most of the buttons are 3-button types and I have plenty of hotkeys. I use opus AS my shell, No desktop, no start button, no wallpaper, no taskbar, no tray, just me and Opus.

I run EVERYTHING between it and PowerPro 4.8 (another super-awesome app). Opus has truly redefined the way I use computers.

Opus allows you to see through the thick clothing of the Operating System and it's weaknesses and reveals everything you want to see instantly about files and manipulate them with precision.

I work @ 1280 x 1024 Res, always maximized. My color scheme is high contrast with medium fonts to make it easier on my eyes (I don't wear glasses and I sit at the computer for long periods of time).

My 3 favorite features are:

1. Hotkeys and buttons can be programmed to do absolutely anything.
  2. Folder Formats options are the bomb, (I have several types mapped to keys and buttons)
  3. I really dig the emailing interFace. I email staright From dopus all the time even when I am not sending attachments

Running Server 2003 64bit
Zion

I Recently got a Thinkpad w500 (1920 x 1200), had to upgrade most of my icons from 32px to 48px.

I used to think that those HUGE resolutions would be a waste but it is MUCH smoother text rendering with cleartype on, and I can use bigger icons which look smoother. 1920 x 1200 is my new standard.

Primary Fonts used for File Display: Segoe UI.

Those Small buttons at the top are an external toolbar with drop down menu's (See Screenshot). Most are still unpopulated but I'll get around to them at the appointed time. I really dig the instant acsess they provide. It's like having 29 categorized start menus at your fingertips.

I also have implemented multiple colored backgrounds which clue me in to where I'm at. Folder formats are the BoMb!

Finally, a LOT of my adjustments were made using Find/Replace using the xml file preference system. This saved me a LOT of time moving from (1280 x 1024) to (1920 x 1200).

The Pathbar toggles between two versions (screenshots) with different Task based sets of buttons. One for Work and one for Personal

That's about it. Thanks to all the guys on the forum who have assisted me with my OPUS issues, Leo is almost as amazing as this program. I can't get over how thorough Opus has become, you can make it look ANY WAY and do just about damn near ANYTHING in a PC environment possible.

i love looking at your setups, they're really amazing. colourful and high-contrast. must be good to use. i could never handle it though. it would be too much of a shock moving from this to another app. i prefer to make mine look like everything else on my system. consistency is key for me :wink:

Thanks for the compliment, High Contrast is key for me (quicker scanning).

The Latest Iteration:

§§§ Full Throttle §§§
§§§ Full Throttle §§§
§§§ Full Throttle §§§

Opus is The Zenith of UI & Utility | BAR nNONNNe

Multiply the Visuals by Couple hundred HOTkEys

90% 3 BuTTon BUTTONs

The Text Buttons up top are ALL Folder Content Menus.

It's like having 26 custom Start Menu's on tap.

Anyone got a translation of what this is all about?

It's about art!

It's also about Supreme Functionality

Looks very stylish!
Nice!

Very nice indeed, it's amazing what can be done with Opus.

Although this config isn't something i would use, it is stunning. I really love the text links along the top are they tabs, shortcuts or drop down menus?

I really need to do something like that, i have enough buttons already but still need some more one click "Go /someplace" options.

100% Dopus (Even the ToolBar up Top).

Dopus.exe is a BiT better than Explorer.exe

Folder Collections are AWESOME!

This ScreenShot is 100%Dopus (including the tiny bar up Top).

Looks like a space ship cockpit. Very nice

Hey i send you pm, you read it?

The thin strip of named buttons is an external opus toolbar, mostly foldercontent menu's (it's like having a bunch of custom start menu's on tap). The first screenshot shows one of them activated.

Sure is pretty. Wish my eyes would let me work with a theme like that. But alas they tend to get blurry unless it's black on white text.