Himmelsblå Icon Set For Dark Theme v1.0

Newer version:

Hi!

It’s been a while since I posted anything here. Busy life and all that...

I’ve had some time to work on my icon set Himmelsblå that I started working on in January, however.

Now all standard icons are included in the icon set and I’ve also added some unique ones that I wanted to create buttons for. I will start by just posting the standard blue color for the dark theme. I will upload different colors and for light theme later on.

Download Icon Set:
IconSet_Himmelsbla_P1_4DT_v1.0.dis (503.5 KB)

Hope you’ll find it useful!

Cheers!

/Samuel

12 Likes

Awesome!!!

(eller kanske Gott jobbat!!) :wink:

1 Like

Beautiful! Thank you!

1 Like

I see some gaps between the icons in the overview above. Are there some icons missing?

Anyway, great work!!!

1 Like

Hi, Micky

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, there are gaps in the overview (as well as in the actual bitmap used for the icons) but nothing is missing. When I started making these I created multiple versions of some icons that then filled these spots. It was variations like for example a second folder icon that was blue instead of just the white outline, a scanner icon that was just a white outline, and other variations as well.

I thought it would be nice for people to be able to choose between a few variations of the most common icons.

But then I learned (the hard way) that an icon set only can contain 384 icons (32 columns x 12 rows). :stuck_out_tongue: My icon set couldn't fit the standard icons with my variations included.

So I decided to remove most of the extra variations from the icon set (some are still there though) and started filling these gaps with the remaining standard icons I hadn't created yet. :slight_smile:

This is also the reason why the icon set is called "Part 1" when importing it into Directory Opus. There is a part 2 to this icon set where I've put the variations I felt worth saving. I have also put some other icons in part 2 that I'm pretty sure no one but me will ever need/want. (The top left ones for example).
Below are the icons I have in part 2 so far:

Oh. By the way.. I said before that nothing is missing from this icon set. .. What I meant to say is that I hope nothing is missing.

If any of you realize there are icons missing from the set, please let me know and I'll create it. As long as there are empty slots in there we're good to go. :slight_smile: Just make sure your requests are something anyone would find useful though.:wink:

Cheers!
/S

3 Likes

Absolutely wonderful that you continued to work on the icons. I was going to write and ask in the other thread how it went, but I didn't need to do that now.
Looks really good, looking forward to Part 2 so I get a bit more to choose from.

If you want to create a completely new design, Doodle would be a fun idea

Bra jobbat!

1 Like

AFAIK there isn't meant to be any limit. Do you have an icon set handy that has problems? I can check why it doesn't work and hopefully fix it, if it's something on our side.

2 Likes

I just created a "Test Icon Set" based on my Himmelsblå-set and added an extra icon in column 1 on row 14. I was going to attach it to this post for you to test, @Leo . I however decided to try it out first, and you know what?... It worked! :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess I must have done something wrong in the xml-file before which made me think there was a limit. The thing that happened when it didn't work was that it displayed the icons on row 1 when selecting the ones on row 14.

Thanks for making me try this out again and sorry spreading false information about a limit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is really great news! (Well, it's news for me)

@Lagers - With what I just learned we don't ned a part 2 :slight_smile: I'll make sure to add the variations to the one and only icon set instead and post a version 1.1 in a few days with everything included. :slight_smile:

And I'll probably create more icon sets in the future too. I agree, a Doodle one would be fun :slight_smile:

Tack för tipset! :wink:

3 Likes