M4b files and the metadata pane

This post refers to m4a, but it's the same story with m4b. If I change the m4b extension to mp4, the pane shows all the info, but as m4b, the pane only shows the extended info. Clearly opus can read AAC, (and m4a) so I guess this is either something I need to configure, or maybe m4b just hasn't been added to the supported extensions?

We're adding M4B support for file display columns in the next update.

I'm hesitant to add it as an alias for the metadata panel (i.e. as read-write, not just read-only) because I think there are some differences between M4A and M4B files, or at least their tags, and I don't know enough about them to know if doing that would be safe.

(In particular, I don't know if the tag library we use would wipe your bookmarks or current position from the file if it modified the tags. Reading them is safe, but I'm not sure about modifying them.)

Well, modifying them if needed can be done other ways I guess, so just seeing the info in a safe non-modifiable way would be helpful though. I know I can do it via tooltips already, but... :slight_smile:

1 Like