GP Software • Twitter
Opus FAQs • Manual • Commands • Objects

NavLock Folder Create

[ul][li]Overview:

Navigation Lock is a feature in Directory Opus where you can move around two similar directory structures, one on each side of a dual-display lister, with navigations done in the active side mirrored in the other side (as long as a folder with the same name exists to go to in both sides).

This script add-in enhances Navigation Lock by making it automatically create any missing folders on the other side when you enter them.

The script can be turned on and off per-lister (using buttons provided in the zip, below). You can also configure whether it is turned on or off in new windows.

[/li]
[li]Installing:

To use the script, extract the attached zip file and drag NavLock Folder Create.vbs to Preferences / Toolbars / Scripts, where you can also Configure the default on/off state for new windows.

The zip file also includes three buttons which let you turn the script on and off for the active lister. One button toggles it, and is probably the only one you’ll need. The others explicitly turn it on and off.

NavLock_Folder_Create.zip (3.04 KB)

[/li]
[li]History:

[ul][li]Version 1.1 - 06/Jan/2014
[ul][li]First version posted to the Scripts Area.[/li]
[li]You can now turn the script on and off per-lister, with the provided buttons.[/li]
[li]No longer restricted to only navigations triggered by double-click. (But see Limitations, below.)[/li][/ul][/li]
[li]Version 1.0 - 25/Nov/2014
[ul][li]Initial version, originally from IDEA: Nav-lock automagically create folders.[/li][/ul][/li][/ul]

[/li]
[li]Limitations / To-Do:

[ul][li]The script currently only creates folders if you navigate exactly one level down. For example, if you are in Folder1 and go to Folder1\Folder2, it will create Folder2 on the other side if it is missing. But if you are in Folder1\Folder2 and jump directly to a sibling, Folder1\Folder3, it will not create Folder3 in the other side. You would have to first go back up to Folder1 and then down to Folder1\Folder3 instead of jumping directly to it. This mainly affects navigation using the Folder Tree, since it is unusual to navigate in this way via other methods. This may be improved in a future version of the script.[/li]
[li]I plan to make a short video to clarify what the script does in the future, but wanted to share the existing version now, since it should already be useful to some.[/li][/ul][/li][/ul]

Roundup of Opus extensions
Navigation lock vs slave tab
IDEA: Nav-lock automagically create folders

May add a option whether repeat operation(delete files, screen scroll and so on) funtion in Navigation Lock Mode. When backup and update will be useful.

If script is acitved,Dopus will crash when close mainwindow before all tabs loaded

System:Win10 pro X64 + Dopus 12.3 X64

First of all ,thanks @Leo write so nice script for us.Dopus has a lot of users and fans in China,I am one of them.I received some bugs report and feedbacks from Chinese users who used “NavLock Folder Create” .And I would report a bug for this script.

Bug report for “Navlock Folder Create” script.

If “Navlock Folder Create” script actived in Preferences / Toolbars / Scripts.And default loading tabs of Dopus more over 15(for more opening and loading time) .Dopus will crash if I close the main window of Dopus quickly(when tabs are loading or before dopus loaded all tabs completely)

@Leo please operate the following for bug checking:
1.Checked on “Navlock Folder Create” in Preferences / Toolbars / Scripts, make it was actived.
2.Quit Dopus
3.Reopen Dopus with more than over 15 tabs(make longer loading time for next operation).
4.Close mainwindow of Dopus when all tabs is loading(before all tabs loaded entired)

I look over the log of script,there are some errors:

2017/2/9 星期四 11:59 NavLock Folder Create: 脚本完成
2017/2/9 星期四 11:59 NavLock Folder Create: 成功初始化 ‘vbscript’ 引擎
2017/2/9 星期四 11:59 OnAfterFolderChange_LinkedTab_AutoOpen: 脚本完成
2017/2/9 星期四 11:59 OnAfterFolderChange_LinkedTab_AutoOpen: 成功初始化 ‘vbscript’ 引擎
2017/2/9 星期四 11:59 OnAfterFolderChange_LinkedTab_AutoOpen: 启动脚本成功
2017/2/9 星期四 11:59 NavLock Folder Create: 启动脚本成功
2017/2/9 星期四 11:59 NavLock Folder Create: 脚本完成
2017/2/9 星期四 11:59 OnAfterFolderChange_LinkedTab_AutoOpen: 脚本完成
2017/2/9 星期四 11:59 NavLock Folder Create: 成功初始化 ‘vbscript’ 引擎
2017/2/9 星期四 11:59 OnAfterFolderChange_LinkedTab_AutoOpen: 成功初始化 ‘vbscript’ 引擎
2017/2/9 星期四 11:59 OnAfterFolderChange_LinkedTab_AutoOpen: 启动脚本成功
2017/2/9 星期四 11:59 OnAfterFolderChange_LinkedTab_AutoOpen: 发生错误于 112,位置 7
2017/2/9 星期四 11:59 OnAfterFolderChange_LinkedTab_AutoOpen: 无效的过程调用或参数: 'DOpus.FSUtil.Resolve’ (0x800a0005)
2017/2/9 星期四 11:59 OnAfterFolderChange_LinkedTab_AutoOpen: 脚本错误 - 脚本被中止

2017/2/9 星期四 12:33 OnAfterFolderChange_LinkedTab_AutoOpen: 成功初始化 ‘vbscript’ 引擎
2017/2/9 星期四 12:33 OnAfterFolderChange_LinkedTab_AutoOpen: 启动脚本成功
2017/2/9 星期四 12:33 OnAfterFolderChange_LinkedTab_AutoOpen: 发生错误于 210,位置 4
2017/2/9 星期四 12:33 OnAfterFolderChange_LinkedTab_AutoOpen: 对象不支持此属性或方法: ‘folderChangeData.tab.linktab’ (0x800a01b6)
2017/2/9 星期四 12:33 OnAfterFolderChange_LinkedTab_AutoOpen: 脚本错误 - 脚本被中止

Thanks once more Leo. This proves to be extremely useful. It seems to me it should come in as standard feature option accompanying NavLock.