New Docs/ActiveX plugin

Version 3.0.0.3 can be downloaded now.

Here is the installer:
setup_dopus9_32bit_activex_3_0_0_3.exe

Here are the DLLs in a zip file if you want/need to install them by hand:
dopus9_32bit_activex_3_0_0_3.zip

See this post for the list of changes and updated list of known issues.

[quote="AlbatorIV"]i have similar behaviour but with cursor key (up/down/left/right arrow).
if i give the focus to excel (viewer pane), then the file display, then back to excel, arrows don't work.
if i open excel file (select it and click show button), arrows don't work.).[/quote]
Fixed in 3.0.0.3 :wink:

[quote="AlbatorIV"]other thing... if excel file are display in viewer pane or standalone viewer, then put other window on top, then click on excel preview, the standalone viewer or Opus (if pane) remains in background (instead going on top).[/quote]Fixed in 3.0.0.3 :wink:

it's perfect but can you add similar option when...

• i display excel file in viewer pane
  • focus on excel file
  • close pane
  • give focus to lister

actually, when i close pane focus is lost... :wink:

[quote="AlbatorIV"]it's perfect but can you add similar option when...

• i display excel file in viewer pane
  • focus on excel file
  • close pane
  • give focus to lister

actually, when i close pane focus is lost... :wink:[/quote]
There is a fix for that but, as mentioned in the change log, part of the fix required a change to Opus itself so you won't see the difference until the next version of Opus is released and installed.

Thanks for confirming that the other fixes worked!

Thanks Leo,

I just was going to say that the ActiveX Plugin still hangs after trying to leave the display of a html-based file -- if NaturallySpeaking is running at the same time.

Umm -- actually in the meantime Dopus itself doesn't react anymore and has to be killed.

Waaaiiit... I just found a setting in NaturallySpeaking called "Enable commands in HTML windows".

I unchecked that setting (I don't use speech commands on html pages anyway) -- and so far, everything seems to be fine again with the ActiveX Plugin. :smiley:

Thanks again,
David.

Still the same problems on Desktop-PC

[quote="DavidP"]Waaaiiit... I just found a setting in NaturallySpeaking called "Enable commands in HTML windows".

I unchecked that setting (I don't use speech commands on html pages anyway) -- and so far, everything seems to be fine again with the ActiveX Plugin. :smiley: [/quote]
Interesting. Good to know the workaround in case if causes problems for other people. I'll keep it on the list of things to investigate though as it's obviously not ideal!

Did that problem happen with the old ActiveX plugin when viewing HTML? (That used the MSHTML control, which is sort-of a subset of the Internet Explorer WebBrowser control.)

What about when using the PDF-ActiveX plugin to view a PDF file? (That uses the Internet Explorer WebBrowser control to host the Adobe Reader ActiveX.)

Edit: Seems Opus isn't the only affected program, FWIW. From the Dragon NaturallySpeaking knowledge base: link.

With the old ActiveX plugin (and IE6), there was no problem with that setting or with the viewer pane. However, since upgrading to IE7, the old ActiveX plugin had not worked anymore at all anyway on html-based files.

I did not come across any problem with the PDF-ActiveX plugin. Not with the old version, not with IE6, not with IE7, and no problem whether NaturallySpeaking was running or not.

Mr Speed and DavidP:

I've sent you private messages with a debug version.

Let me know how you get on via private message. (Just mentioning it here in case you don't notice the messages as it's easy to overlook the "1 new item" message.)

Answered :slight_smile:

Ditto :slight_smile:

one small question, but first one good thing: the preview is now showing PDFs through Foxitreader, which it did not before.

The only problem is, when trying to preview .avi, there is no video, only audio. How can this be fiexed? & is there any way to use VLC (which is my regular video program) instead of Mediaplayer?

Interesting. Does FoxIt install an ActiveX control that works in IE? If so then that probably saves us having to write a specific FoxIt plugin for Opus, which is good!

Does the same thing happen with the Movie plugin?

Do you get sound if you play the same file in WMP itself?

If not then you may simply need to install a decoder for the audio format used by that particular AVI.

(If only VLC plays audio for that file then it doesn't indicate much. VLC has decoders built into it.)

As far as I know VLC does not package itself as an ActiveX control. I think it has some kind of API to allow it to be used in other programs but I have not looked at it in enough detail to know whether it could work inside of Opus. If it is a possibility it would probably require a separate plugin to be written.

[quote="abr"]one small question, but first one good thing: the preview is now showing PDFs through Foxitreader, which it did not before.
Interesting. Does FoxIt install an ActiveX control that works in IE?
[/quote]

Well, it looks like it does, i just checked it (PDFs will be opened inside IE using FoxIt Reader). I must say, that i previously didn´t check this out in IE, because i use Opera (or before that Firefox).

I use some version of FoxIt Reader, which is portable btw (normally it´s an installable version) & i also changed the .pdf file type to Foxitreader. Nevertheless, it did not work inside Dopus until now (i asked in resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... ight=foxit about this)

[quote]The only problem is, when trying to preview .avi, there is no video, only audio. How can this be fiexed?
Does the same thing happen with the Movie plugin?

Do you get sound if you play the same file in WMP itself?[/quote]

Well, yeah, regarding Dopus preview, the sound is not the problem, there´s no video. In WMP there is video, but in some cases no audio. So this is definitely a codec issue.

Hmm, no, i rather don´t want to mess around with video codecs anymore, since VLC does a very nice job. Previewing videos in Dopus would be more a "nice to have", but it´s not that necessary.
Besides that, the dilemma already shows in Mediaplayer, which is playing some videos correctly & some not.

That reminds me of the days of various codec packs, which made some videos work, while breaking other ones. :slight_smile:

Since i guess VLC is quite popular, this sounds like a good idea.

A 64-bit version of the ActiveX plugin has been posted.

Here is the installer:
setup_dopus9_64bit_plugins_2008-02-24.exe

Here are the DLLs in a zip file if you want/need to install them by hand:
dopus9_64bit_plugins_2008-02-24.zip

The plugin currently comes packaged with some other recently-converted 64-bit plugins.

32-bit users: Nothing new for you today. Do not download the 64-bit installer/zip as it won't work on your system.

Request:

• add possibility to lock view. For example, I preview excel file in standalone viewer, I lock viewer, and now I can browse and select other file without preview it.
  • add possibility to preview excel/word file... even if it is open in excel/word…

Something like that would be better added to Opus (for all file types) than one particular plugin, I think.

I'll look into why that doesn't work. Seems like if the file is locked by another program then Opus won't try to view it and doesn't call my plugin at all.

Version 3.1.0.0 has been posted. Please test!

32-bit: Installer or Zip

64-bit: Installer or Zip

Changes in v3.1.0.0 (10/Mar/2008):
[ul][li]Fixed USB export. However, until the next Opus update after 9.1.0.3, you have to manually copy docsvw32.exe (also docsvw64.exe & docsf64.ocx for 64-bit) to the Viewers folder on the USB drive after doing the export. The plugin needs two (four on 64-bit) additional files but Opus currently only exports the first one in the list.[/li]
[li]The 64-bit plugin can now use 32-bit ActiveX controls. This means 64-bit users can view PDF and Flash files and use 32-bit Windows Media Player codecs.[/li]
[li]The 64-bit plugin's configuration dialog allows you assign extensions to 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Internet Explorer and Generic ActiveX controls. The default configuration assigns everything to 32-bit as many controls do not yet have 64-bit versions and this is what the OS itself does with IE and WMP.[/li]
[li]64-bit Users Please Note: You should disable or delete the separate PDF-ActiveX plugin (pdfactivex.dll), otherwise it will handle PDF files before the ActiveX plugin gets a chance, resulting in Adobe Reader opening in a separate window. I'll suggest to GPSoftware that PDF-ActiveX be dropped from 64-bit releases.[/li]
[li]The plugin now runs all of its viewers in separate processes in order to isolate Opus itself from crashes.[/li]
[li]Windows Media Player crashes after full-screen mode seem to be fixed as a result of the process isolation.[/li]
[li]Moved text into StringTable resource to allow for localisation.[/li]
[li]Configuration dialog uses system Message Box font. (e.g. Segoe UI 9 on Vista.)[/li]
[li]Default configuration changes:[ul][li]Added .zip to default Internet Explorer extensions. Shows you the contents of the selected zip file.[/li]
[li]Disabled Microsoft XPS Rich preview handler by default as the Internet Explorer plugin is better overall.[/li]
[li]Disabled Windows Media Player preview handler by default as the Generic ActiveX control is generally better.[/li]
[li]Disabled Windows Mail HTML preview handler by default as using Internet Explorer gives fuller results (e.g. images).[/li][/ul][/li][/ul]

Thanks Nudel for this new release...

I love the fact that zip file can be display in viewer. But when zip contain folder, when i double clic to it, a windows explorer window open :smiling_imp:

And do you know how remember the display (List/details/thumbs...) when i display zip files :question:

Dunno. I just pass the Zip file to IE. :slight_smile:

Great work nudel! I'll start stress testing this baby tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

/Anakha