Problems with Dopus on usb-stick

Hello,

I use Dopus 12 installed at my home win 7 computer and at work on win 7 with usb stick. Since I use 12.8 I get a problem only with usb stick. I guess this is a bug.

When i change the folder nothing happens or after some minutes the folder open. Sometimes dopus also crashed. The toolbar is always a little bit flickering.

But I noticed something interesting. When I open any protolol window Dopus works fine. When I close the protocol window I can not work again with Dopus.

What's a protocol window?

Crashes may be fixed by re-downloading 12.8; we found a problem which a few people experience and did a quick fix to the existing installers ahead of a proper update.

If you still get a crash, please send us any crash dumps

Sorry, I use german word. With the protocol window I mean the log windows for scripts, ftp, file operations, e-mails and undo

Do you have any scripts installed? If so, could you try removing them to see if they've involved?

Yes, I have write my own script. When I remove it, there is no problem. The script I have write some years before without any change (I guess Dopus 10) I have send a crash report.

I just notice the toolbar is still flickering.

Can you send us the script please?

LockTabNavSub.osp (2.8 KB)

I suspect if you add some DOpus.Output ... debug logging into your scripts you might find one or both are being called over and over again, which is causing the toolbar flickering and other problems.

When you tried disabling the scripts, did you move both of them out of the script folder to somewhere else, then fully exiting Opus (via File / Exit Directory Opus) and restart it? If not, please try that to see if both problems are triggered by the script(s).

Yes, that I did.
But as soon as I close the log window the toolbar is flickrering. But not the icons are flickering. Only the dots which can change the size or the position of the toolbar. I have make a screenshot and mark yellow which part is flickering.

Flickering

Without my script I can change the folders. But it is a little bit more slower when the log window is closed.

The script log window is empty

That sounds like something keeps locking and unlocking the toolbar, or toggling you in and out of Customize mode.

You may have something on your computer that is broadcasting window messages in the private/app range to other windows. Try closing other programs and background tools to see if it stops happening.

I have stop all programs and background tools. Still flickering.
I also try dopus from usb stick on my home computer. The installed version works fine on my home computer. But dopus on usb stick also flickering on my home computer

I just notice when the file display toolbar has the focus the whole file display toolbar is flickering.

If you exit Opus completely and then re-launch it as elevated (right-click - or shift+right-click - on the Opus icon and choose "Run as administrator") does the flickering still happen?

(You'll know it's running elevated because the title bar will show ADMINISTRATOR in all caps).

Also running as administrator it is flickering

If you right-click the empty space on a toolbar, is Lock the Toolbars on or off?

If you toggle it, does it stay in that state, or return to how it was, or alternate between the two states each time you check the menu?

The toolbar is not lock. If I toggle the state the toolbar get locked. But still flickering. Als as admin run.

The same dots are flickering as shown in the screensbot above when the toolbar is locked?

Could we see a screenshot of the whole window when the dots are visible? That might show something.

I have make a short movie. Hope this helps.Flickering.zip (3.2 MB)
You can see when the log window is close it is flickering. Than I open the log window. The flckering stop. When I close the log window the flickering start again.

What is the tool that has added all the buttons to the window border at the top right?

Could you try uninstalling that and rebooting to see if the problem is gone then? It might not be involved, but tools which mess with window borders have often turned out to cause strange problems.