Quick Access Popup and Opus 13 Beta

Congrats for the new beta release!

I tested the interaction between Quick Access Popup and the new beta release and, so far so good, everything seems to work fine. Change folder in listers, open new folder in left/right/active/destination folders, actions on the selected item in a lister, etc.

I'll continue my tests and report issues here. Please feel free to do the same if you use QAP with DOpus.

For those interested in learning about the QAP features related to DOpus, see these resources:

Jean

2 Likes

A minor issue with the "DOpus Favorites" menu in QAP. During my upgrade, an empty node"Favorites Bar" was added to the favorite.ofv during the upgrade.

favorite.ofv BEFORE upgrade

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<favorites>
	<path label="! QAP Demo">
		<dir>
			<pathstring>C:\Dropbox\! QAP Demo</pathstring>
			<tree>64</tree>
		</dir>
	</path>
</favorites>

favorite.ofv AFTER upgrade

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<favorites>
	<folder label="Favorites Bar" />
	<path label="! QAP Demo">
		<dir>
			<pathstring>C:\Dropbox\! QAP Demo</pathstring>
			<tree>64</tree>
		</dir>
	</path>
</favorites>

Note that I checked the "Convert all toolbars" checkbox (not sure of the label) when I installed upgrade.

When QAP parses the favorites file, it does not expect an empty node like <folder label="Favorites Bar" /> and displays a text entry reporting the parsing error. Maybe QAP should simply ignore empty nodes.

That would definitely make sense, since it can also happen if someone creates a new branch in Preferences (or empties an existing branch but doesn't delete the branch itself).

1 Like

This has been fixed in v11.6.3.2:
https://forum.quickaccesspopup.com/showthread.php?tid=2621&pid=7196#pid7196

An empty node in favorites file is now ignored.

1 Like