Slow loading Library unless localized names turned off

Hi,
I have similar problems to Slow loading Library with V12.30 x64 Build 8360 21/11/2022
Except my library folder is located on a local drive and there are approx. 8000 files in this folder with a total storage 3.5 GB.
It takes 2-3 minutes for the library to build and display, and when I turn off:-
Preferences / Folders / Folder Display / Display localized folder names, the problem is fixed, so did the fix mentioned previously get carried over to version 12.30?
Thank you

The change the old thread was about only affected network drives. Looking up a localized name for a local file should not be slow, unless something is wrong with a component in the system (typically shell extensions something else has installed, which can participate in name lookup),

Working out which item(s) in the library are causing the slowdown would help know what's going wrong.

Check that the library isn't pointing to any network drives (it could be without you realising), and that it doesn't contain any softlinks or similar pointing to them.

If the library contains more than one folder, try including just one folder at a time to see if the problem is due to something in a particular folder, allowing us to focus there.

Process Monitor logs of what happens during the delay may reveal the issue as well.

Hi Leo,
I have sent a link to a zipped copy of the Process Monitor Log to your crashdumps@gpsoft.com.au
I hope this assists you.
Kind regards

Leo, I think that I have got to the bottom of the problem.

A while ago I needed to display a library containing groups of Banking Organisations, I achieved this by selecting the banking library folder then the Menu bar, Folder > Folder Options > Columns, then selecting Name and Path from Columns and grouping, I then moved Location to the displayed fields, selecting the Location as the sort field and chose Location in the Group box, finally saving it.

This worked fine, but then I thought it would be a good idea to apply this to the libraries folder, as many of my libraries could benefit from having this option set, this was then saved to apply this to all sub folders, and once again this worked fine.

Until that is, I included this very large folder into the library.

The fix was to reset the library folder options back to factory default settings, and then applying location group sorting only to those library folders that needed it.

I can now set the Display localized folder names back on, and the files are displayed instantly again.

Have I made the correct decision?

Thanks Terry