Surface Pro X update to 12.20 not working 12.19 is however ok?

After installing the latest update i get the following message box at launch.

Please help
12.19 is working

Did you try running the installer again?

Try rebooting as well.

Using File > Exit Directory Opus before running the installer may also help, if the installer isn't shutting down Opus for you for some reason.

Hi
Thanks for the quick reply.
If i install as update, on top of the 12.19 i get the previous described problem.
If i completely uninstall and install new the i get the problem shown in the screenshot.
Hmm
12.19 is Good but the 20 version brings the issue, so pretty sure my PC is not screwing it up.

Which antivirus are you using? Have you tried disabling it when doing the installation, or checking its logs?

The errors look like the DLL and EXE files have not all been written into Program Files, which could be because they're so new the antivirus is more suspicious of them. Antivirus should say something when it blocks files being written, but a lot don't and leave you wondering what went wrong.

Just Standard windows defender.
If it were a firewall issue then i would also have problems with 12.19.
Maybe the windows arm subsystem with the last update is causing the problem?
Is it possible to make an arm compilation?
Did anybody else report the problem?
Have you changed your installer or compilation method with 12.20?

Windows Defender is not great in our recent experience, FWIW.

We don't have any similar reports so far. (DeleteFile failed; code 5. Access is defined. docsf32.ocx is the only other installer issue/thread currently, but that's about a file that can't be replaced, while your issue seems to be that the files are deleted or reverted after the installer writes them.)

You could try using the installer that is for Windows XP, which uses the old installation method. It's linked in Directory Opus 12.20

Hi Leo
The XP installer worked just fine.
Seems the arm processor architecture doesn't Like InnoSetup
Would be great if you can look into this as I read the XP Version is the last worn that installer, naturally then I will have a bigger problem worn next update!
Cheers for your help and stay safe .

1 Like

I get exactly this, too.

The Windows XP installer works, but the new installer that's being used will absolutely not work on the Surface Pro X. It shows the initial dialog box and copies some files, but not the actual executables. Please fix this.

Thanks,

Steve

This is exactly how the problem started for me, too.
The InnoSetup installer fails to copy the executables on the SPX.
Thanks,
Steve

I think we might know what's going on, and will have a new installer for you to try shortly.

1 Like

Please give the new installer a try and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Jon
This installer is working just fine.
Thanks for fixing the problem so fast.
Cheers
Gary
Stay safe

2 Likes

Hi Jon,

What did the problem turn out to be? Did it only affect the SPX?

Thanks,

Steve

It was specific to the Surface Pro X, or to ARM Windows at least, and the way the CPU architecture was being detected.

I'm glad that it turned out to be a straightforward fix.

Thanks, guys.

Steve

1 Like

Thank you both for reporting it, and for testing things to rule out other issues!

1 Like