There is up to a c.30 second (timed) delay before the right-click context menu appears
I have a problem with Directory Opus Pro on my new Dell Desktop. When I right click on a folder in the folder tree (left panel) or on a file or folder in the file view panel(s) there is up to a c.30 second (timed) delay before the right-click context menu appears. If I then do a Cut/Copy to move some items, the subsequent right-click to paste the files/folders may or may not have the same delay. I have not found a pattern to when there is NOT a delay. The delay is much longer on a right-click but is sometimes shorter but never as short as when I select a menu item. Key stroke commands work without delay.
The delay happens whenever I run Directory Opus and it does not seem to matter what other applications are running. I have a very powerful PC with Xeon CPOUs and excess memory. Running version 12.30 x64 build 8360. Windows 11.
The blocking of Apple iCloud did not work so I followed your advice to run the MS Process Monitor. The log file was huge so I have put in a DropBox folder and have given access to your CrashDump email. I have sent link to the email address as well.
The actions I took some seconds before saving the log were to right-click on a file in a Directory Opus Pro Window pane.
Can't download the file via DropBox as it's over 2GB and shared in a way that requires it be added to DropBox.
Assuming it is uncompressed (based on the file size), It should compress to a much smaller size if you zip it. I think sharing the file itself, rather than the folder it is in, should also let us download it directly.
A DebugView log as per the Crash, exit or high CPU when right-clicking certain files "Finding the Culprit" steps may also identify which shell extensions is causing the delay. (The ProcMon log will still be useful in working out why the delay is happening, while the DebugView log is the quickest way to work out which extension is triggering the problem.)
Oddly, in my iCloud Settings I have Photos and Drive both disabled. In fact, everything is disabled except Calendars and Contacts. Yet it was CLSID's related to iCloudDrive and iCloudPhotos that had to be disabled in Directory Opus.
If the CLSID's listed above doesn't work for you, generate a log and look for CLSID's just before iCloud + AOSKit.
Thank you all for your suggestions. Because of business pressures I have only just got back to this problem. The suggestion of the second line of "ignore context menus" proposed by jgpuckering seems to have worked. After rebooting Directory Opus the delay now seems to be about right for the normal 'thinking time' for the menu to appear. I will monitor.